The Scots Pines sangha is there for anyone who needs or wishes to meet online and is facilitated jointly by members from across Scotland. It is lovely to be able to connect with people from across Scotland and beyond: there’s a real sense of sangha building happening!
Meetings occur weekly over Zoom and are managed via a mailing list. You can request to join the mailing list by emailing ScotsPinesSanghaemail@example.com and introducing yourself. For everyone’s safety and privacy list membership is moderated so everyone knows what to expect from a meeting.
A fresh Zoom link is sent out to the mailing list each week so you have to be on the mailing list to take part. The email may also contain additional material such as the readings for the week.
A typical evening may contain:
- 7pm Zoom call opens for a gentle landing and unwinding, informal catch-up and meeting new people, maybe with a cuppa. Some people will arrive over the next 10-15 minutes, so if you don’t manage to join dead on 7 it’s OK.
- 7.15pm Plum Village chant or music shared from YouTube.
- 7.25 (ish) brief check-in / weather report
- 7.30 Guided sitting meditation
- 7.50 Walking meditation
- 8.00 Silent sitting meditation
- 8.15 Reading (pdf usually shared with link beforehand)
- 8.25 Deep listening and sharing
- 8.55 Announcements, closing
- 9.00 pm call closes.
The Sangha is still young and growing so this may evolve through time.
Looking forward to seeing you there!