Friday Mornings Early Sit
Our Friday morning meetings are on hold just at the moment because of Covid but will return very soon. If you would like to be notified of their return and are not on our mailing list please fill in the contact form to be added.
There is an opportunity to sit with others on Friday mornings at the Yoga Room ( 5 Forth Street, Edinburgh EH1 3JX) from 7:15am to 8.45am. Recommended donation £3-£5.
Each session includes:
- getting comfortable
- the lighting of the candle and offering of incense
- two short chantings (in English) which state our aim (to connect ourselves to others who meditate and to thank our family, friends and teachers)
- a reading from the writings of Thich Nhat Hanh (a couple of minutes)
- silent sitting for 40 minutes
- 30 minutes of breakfast (some in silence to appreciate the food we are sharing) and chatting.
For a document with the chants and a bit more details, see this google doc.
You are welcome to come along – there is no need to book – and we are friendly. It is a perfect end to the week!
For more information, contact Gustaf: email@example.com or +44 (0) 7425 376 042